I love thumbprint cookies! This is the one recipe that I simply have not managed to get right in a gluten free version. I've probably tried it even more times than the almond bars! I am going to try once more before Christmas though.
Love raspberry. love almond. love shortbread. and they are so very, very beautiful! what a great idea of this cookie swap!
A tender shortbread cookie packed with raspberry jam and topped with a simple almond icing.
For the dough:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup seedless raspberry jam
- pinch of salt
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons water (more or less as needed for drizzling consistency)
- 1½ teaspoons almond extract
Get the full recipe and instructions here >> Raspberry Almond Shortbread Thumbprints @ savingdessert.com