These are completely homemade and easier than you’d think! The only problem, as usual, is patience. You have to give these babies enough time to rise so that they become light, fluffy, sugary clouds. Sooooo good. And SO worth the wait!
These are absolutely incredible, and you’ll fall in love with them! Make bomboloni at home and bring a little taste of Italy to you!
- 250g (2 cups) bread flour
- 250g (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 75g (heaping ⅓ cup) granulated white sugar
- 100g (7 tbsp) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 20g fresh cake yeast or 1 package (7g) dry instant yeast
- 7g (1½ tsp) salt
- 150g (3) whole large eggs
- 40g (2) egg yolks
- 110g (1/2 cup) lukewarm water
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- granulated sugar, for coating
Get the full recipe and instructions here >> Bomboloni (italian doughnuts) @ thebakingfairy.net