Just finished this for dinner tonight and it’s the most perfect mac and cheese! The amounts of garlic and cheese you have here are perfect. Just perfect! Even my son who hates mac and cheese now loves it! It wasn’t too heavy like other recipes we’ve had in the past.
This Garlic Parmesan Mac And Cheese is better than the original! A thick and creamy garlic parmesan cheese sauce coats your macaroni, topped with parmesan fried bread crumbs, while saving some calories and time!
- 500 g | 1 pound dry weight pasta (elbow, macaroni, cellentani, or any other pasta)
- 1½ tablespoons butter
- ⅔ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup butter
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup flour (all purpose or plain)
- 4½ cups milk, divided (I used skim, but 2% or full fat are fine to use)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (corn flour)
- salt and pepper, to season
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon powder (or a vegetable stock powder)
- ¾ cup low fat grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 6 ounces low fat mozzarella cheese
Get the full recipe and instructions here >> Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mac And Cheese @ cafedelites.com