Spiced Mini Waffle Breakfast Sandwiches with Chicken Chorizo & Guacamole
Yield: Makes 5 Sandwiches
- 1 cup of Bob's Red Mill Waffle Mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup cold milk
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb ground chicken chorizo, formed into 1-inch patties (about 10)
- Favorite guacamole (about 2 cups)
- Sour cream, garnish
- Red onion, garnish
- Jalapenos, garnish
- Cilantro, garnish
- Preheat a waffle maker. In large bowl, combine first nine ingredients. Using a 1/4 measuring cup, ladle waffle batter into waffle maker. Let it do it's thing. Repeat five times. You want to use two squares of the whole waffle to make a single sandwich.
- While you are making the waffles, heat a skillet to medium heat. Add some olive oil to the pan and brown chicken chorizo for about 5 minutes on each side until all patties are cooked. Set aside.
- To serve: take one waffle square and top with your favorite guacamole. Top with two chicken chorizo patties and add more guacamole on top. Place another waffle square on top and garnish with toppings!