These are melt in your mouth mashed potatoes, and what could be better than potatoes in the slow cooker?
Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2-1/2 pounds red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic, or to taste
- 1-1/2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1/2 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook the potatoes, garlic, and bouillon until potatoes are tender but firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, reserving water. In a bowl, mash potatoes with sour cream and cream cheese, adding reserved water as needed to attain desired consistency.
- Transfer the potato mixture to a slow cooker, cover, and cook on Low for 2 to 3 hours. Just before serving, stir in butter and season with salt and pepper to taste.